Friday, July 13, 2012

Cow Appreciation Day

Today was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A.  If you dress up like a cow, you got a FREE Combo or Kids Meal.  We have never participated before, but last year we happened to go to CFA on Cow Appreciation Day and wished we had dressed up.  It looked like fun!  Now, obviously the free food is a big plus in my book, but I just thought it would be fun to dress up and do something different today.  And, it was!  Connor was so excited about dressing up and when we came home, he refused to take off his costume!  And, Kyle just looked so cute!  At first, he didnt want to get dressed (because he doesn't want to sit stll long enough to get dressed) and he didn't want to put the sign on, but when he saw Connor's sign, he wanted the sign and the hat.  He was precious!  Yesterday, we headed to Wal-Mart to buy supplies and then I made our costumes last night.  The boys and I all wore black shorts with white shirts and I used double sided tape to stick black felt spots on our shirts.  I bought super cheap white hats from Wal-Mart and used a sharpie to make black spots on them.  I made the signs using a print out off of the CFA website and used rope we had at home.  The best part about the costumes is that everything is reusable for next year!

I didn't get a great picture of my little cows, but they sure were cute! Here is the best one I got... 


Jeremy met us at lunch and although he was not dressed up, we let him share our free food. Since three of us were dressed up, we could get three free meals.  So, we got two combos (for J and me) and one 6-pack kids meal for the boys to share, plus an exra milk (that they gave us for free).  Then, as we left, CFA gave us two coupons for free chicken biscuits and gave the boys small stuffed CFA cows.  And, we got to see several friends who were also dressed up! 

It was definitely a fun lunch!

Happy Cow Appreciation Day, Everyone!

No comments: