Monday, October 28, 2013

The Turbulent Threes

What do you do when your sweet little boy has a terrible case of the Turbulent Threes!?  (Whoever came up with the term Terrible Twos did not have a three year old.  Threes are SO much worse than the twos!!!)  

First of all, Sunshine and Granddaddy, Mimi and Bobbles, if you have ever wished that we lived closer to you, be VERY thankful that we do not.  Honestly, if I lived in the same town as my parents or in-laws, I would have had to drop Kyle off with them today and RUN away fast for a couple of hours!  I would have come back, but the ability to drop him off with someone who loves him no matter what would have been tempting!  So, be thankful that we live several hours away!

Instead of running away, I had the joy (ha ha!) of spending the day with a three year old that thinks he is in charge, that has said "no" one too many times, that refuses to nap, that was completely exhausted from the lack of nap, and that is more defiant that I could have ever imagined!  Oh, the joy!

So, what do you do when your sweet little terror won't stop screaming and crying, disobeying and pushing every limit?

You let him climb on top of the kitchen counter (all by himself without a chair) and you let him play for as long as he wants in the kitchen sink!!!




 This is honestly the first smile I had from him in HOURS! 

This was one of the roughest days I can remember with Kyle.  But, thankfully, Connor was on his BEST behavior today!  I am so thankful for both of these boys.  On good days and bad days, I am thankful for them.  

Pray for tomorrow to be a better day!

Isaiah 41:10  
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments: