Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 10

First off, the pictures in this post have nothing to do with what I am thankful for today!  They are just cute pictures I took today!

Today, I am thankful for our church!  We have a great church, Warren Baptist Church.  We visited Warren and a lot of other churches during the first year that we lived in Augusta.  We wanted to make sure we had a good feel for whatever church we chose to join.  And, though we visited a bunch of other churches, we always ended up coming back to Warren.  We probably would have gotten involved at Warren sooner than we did, but they were searching for a new pastor at the time we moved here, so we did not want to join a church and then really dislike the pastor's preaching style.




However, we really like Dr. McKinley's preaching style and I feel like I learn so much from him each week.  He is very down to earth and really speaks truth from the Bible.  He backs up everything with scripture (as he should).  This year, he is spending the entire year preaching through Romans.  




One of the things that really interested us about Warren opposed to other churches was the preschool and children's ministries and the opportunities for children.  I feel that Connor has really learned so much while he was in the the preschool ministry and the children's ministry seems to really engage him, too.  Kyle is learning more and more every week.  I love to hear him come home and tell me the Bible story that he heard each week.  They are learning that church is fun as well as learning Biblical truth.  I want them to always enjoy going to church, so I am glad that Warren has great preschool and children's ministries that really engage them so that hopefully they will always enjoy going!


This year Jeremy and I are both teaching sixth graders.  Jeremy has taught middle school boys for the past two years; first he taught seventh grade boys and then moved up with them to eighth grade.  This year, he rotated back down to do sixth grade and my friend Micah and I are teaching the sixth grade girls at the same time.  I really enjoying getting to know these girls and I'm excited to see them grow physically and spiritually over the next couple of years!


Thank you, God, for providing us with such a great church!

Hebrews 10:23-25
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Family Thanksgiving:
Jeremy - 
Connor - He is thankful for getting to go to church (I did not tell him to say that!).
Kyle - He is thankful for getting to go to church (I didn't tell him to say that, either!). 

No comments: