Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 11

Today, I am so thankful for our family's health.  I have been reminded over and over lately how quickly that can change.  We have been so blessed to have good health!  And, so many families do not have that blessing.




Today, I have been thanking God for our health, but I have also been praying constantly for a sweet family from my hometown that lost their two month old baby girl this morning.  They are grieving and I cannot imagine the heartbreak that they feel.  Their little girl was born with a major heart defect and had open heart surgery soon after she was born.  She's been home gaining wait to prepare for the next surgery in a few months.  But, this morning, their life was turned upside down when she unexpectantly passed away.




I had just been watching Good Morning America this morning and saw one of their reporters announce that she had breast cancer.  She's a young (40 years old) mother with so much ahead of her and did not see that diagnosis coming.  I was teary hearing her story and then my mom called to tell me about Baby Camryn.



Over the last few months, I have heard of so many children dying of cancer or other illnesses.  Three young children in LaGrange died over the last few months of cancer.  Though I did not know them personally, I have followed their stories and prayed for them.  And, as a mother, I cannot imagine how it would feel to lose a child.  But, watching all of these different stories reminds me of how quickly someone's health can go from healthy to really sick.


I am so thankful that we are all healthy.  And, I pray for these families that have lost someone they loved dearly recently.  And, I pray for the many families that are struggling with health issues beyond my comprehension.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Family Thanksgiving:
Jeremy - He is thankful for new opportunities at work.
Connor - He is thankful for going to school today.
Kyle - He is thankful for doing crafts today.

No comments: