Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 12

I am thankful for being a stay at home mom!  It is the best job in the world for me at this point in life.  I couldn't imagine doing anything else but be with these two boys every day.



I know that being a stay at home mom is not for everyone and not everyone can do it financially, so I am so thankful that I am able to stay at home.  These days are short.  They are going to grown before I can even imagine.  I am so glad that I get to spend as much time with them as I do.



Our days are not always perfect (NEVER) and they are not always exciting (RARELY).  But, they are special for us.  I love being able to spend time with them.  I love that I have so many hours a day with them.  I miss having Connor at home in the mornings with us this year and I dread him going to school all day next year.  I feel like I'm quickly losing my time with him!



We would have a lot more money for fun trips and fun activities and fun toys if I worked full-time.  But, I wouldn't trade my life for anything.  No amount of money would make working full-time worth it right now.  I would miss too much.

Being a stay at home is not for everyone, but it is for me.  I am so thankful to be able to love on them for so many hours a day.  I am so thankful to get to see their accomplishments firsthand most of the time.  I am so thankful that I get to watch them enjoy each other every day.  I am so thankful to have such awesome little helpers with everything I do (cook, clean, shop,etc.).

I am so thankful for this time in my life.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, 
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, 
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Family Thanksgiving:
Jeremy - He is thankful for healthy boys.
Connor - He is thankful for going to school and having fun.
Kyle - He is thankful for going to school (tomorrow).


No comments: