Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 4

Today, I am thankful that we live so close to the grocery store and that I have the ability to buy whatever we need when we need it.  I know that seems silly, but I am so thankful that we have access to good grocery stores that sell healthy (and not so healthy) food for our family.  We are beyond blessed to be able to afford our groceries.  Yes, some months, the grocery budget gets tighter than I'd like, but in all honesty, we have more than enough food and more than enough access to food.  We are so much more blessed than most of the world.  Not only can we afford the good food that we want, we live within two miles of Wal-Mart, Kroger, Publix, and Target with another half-dozen grocery stores within 15 minutes or less.  Wal-Mart is literally right around the corner.  Saturday night just before dinner I realized that I did not have enough chips to go with our chicken tacos, so I said I would run to Wal-Mart for some.  I left the living room at our house at 6:00.  I drove to Wal-Mart, went in, found two items that I needed (chips and dip), stood in line, checked out, walked back to the car, drove home, and stood back in our living room at 6:10!  Granted, it was the fastest I've ever checked out at Wal-Mart (thanks to the UGA-FL game still being on TVprobably), but we are so blessed to be able to get any little thing we need in just ten minutes! 

We are blessed by our finances to be able to afford what we want and need.  And, we are blessed that we live so close to so many grocery options.  Lord, thank you for all of the food you provide for us!


Acts 27:35
After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat.

Family Thanksgiving:
Jeremy - He is thankful for his job.
Connor - He is thankful for having a fun day.
Kyle - He is thankful for going to the river yesterday.
  

No comments: