Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

We have had a great Halloween week!  We have dressed up three days in a row!  Connor was Captain America three times and he was a pirate for school (for his first book report!).  Kyle was a pirate one time and a cowboy twice.  They were both super cute!

On Halloween morning, Connor dressed up as a pirate for school.  Instead of just dressing up in Halloween costumes, the kids had to dress up as a character from a book.  They had to write the title of the book and draw their favorite part of the book for homework and bring it in for their book report.  Then, each child stood up and presented a little about their book.  I thought it was a great idea for the teacher to tie in reading with dressing up for Halloween.

Later in the morning, Kyle and I went to school so that I could help with the class party.  Kyle went to a 2 year old class and I went to help in Connor's class.  They had more than enough sweets, played games, and did a scarecrow craft.  I think they all had a good time.  This is the only picture I was able to get of Connor.


After nap and rest time, we headed outside to decorate pumpkins.   We usually carve and paint pumpkins the weekend before Halloween, but I went to Women of Faith (SO GREAT!) this past weekend in Atlanta with Beth, so we never had a chance to carve or paint.  Our week ended up so busy, too, so we were never able to carve or paint.  So, I found some pumpkin decorating stickers at Hobby Lobby for us to use to make faces on the pumpkins.  They boys really enjoyed it and I loved seeing their creativity!





Kyle decorated one side of the big pumpkin and Connor decorate the other side, so the pictures below show each side!

Kyle's side...

Connor's side...

I, of course, had to try to get some pictures of the boys in their costumes, but they were not cooperating as much as I would have liked (not unusual!).  

Aren't they cute, though!?






On Halloween night, we headed over to Beth and Jonathan's for pizza and trick-or-treating.  The kids had a great time and got WAY too much candy!

It was already fairly dark by the time we headed out, so I didn't get any good pictures.  But, I did get a few pictures for memory's sake!




We hope you had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Wayfarer Annie said...

So Cute! I love these little days. They are passing too quickly though.