Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Day #2

We spent our morning with Austin and Anna Liz playing at our house.  After they left, the boys and I headed outside for a little more snow fun.  Connor and Kyle were fascinated with the icicles that formed on the bushes.  They wanted to pull them off and break them all apart.  They had a good time doing that, digging through the snow, and riding scooters.  We did not stay out too long since it was already nap time, but I did take a few pictures (of course).







I debated whether to even keep these next few photos or just delete them as soon as I took them.  And, I debated on whether or not to post them (especially the first one).  But, I've been thinking about the fact that I am rarely in photos.  I am the one with the camera. I shoot manual 99% of the time, so don't hand the camera off to someone else much at all.  And, I typically don't like how I look in pictures (who does!?), so I just am not in many pictures. I want that to change. I want to set the self timer and get more pictures with the boys. I want to hold the camera out and take pictures of me with the boys.  I want to make sure that I am in pictures with the boys.  The pictures don't have to be perfect or beautiful, but I want the boys to see me at this age, this time, this place in our lives.  So, here are some "selfies" that I took of myself and of me with each of the boys. 


Kyle did not want to participate!

Happy Snow Day #2!  I hope you have had a great week!  Connor goes back to school tomorrow.  I have really enjoyed having both of my boys home, so I hate to send him back, but I am looking forward to a little time out of the house since we have been cooped up for the last couple of days.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: