Friday, February 21, 2014

Newborn and Three Months

A few weeks ago I attempted newborn photos for my friend Beth.  Beth's newest sweet baby was born three weeks early, but his placenta had stopped working properly and he had stopped growing.  Thankfully, Beth went into labor, which triggered an ultrasound, where they realized what was going on.  If she had not gone into labor, the results may not have been very good.  Cody Luke Harper was born on January 14th at 3 pounds and  8 ounces and spent one week in the NICU.  He came home weighing less than four pounds!!!  I was able to photograph him when he was a little over three weeks old.  He weighed a little under five pounds.  So tiny!  His legs and bottom and everything else about him are so tiny!!  But, he has now survived a miraculous birth, seven days in the NICU, a snow storm, an ice storm, a multi-day power outage, and an earthquake within one month of his life!  I pray that his second month of life is less eventful than his first month!


Three (well, almost four) months ago, my friend Annette let me take pictures of her sweet little newborn, Norah.  It was my first time taking pictures of a newborn and I had no idea what I was doing.  Now, Norah is three months old (well, almost four...it has taken us weeks to finally get to do this shoot) and she let me take three month pictures of Norah.  Again, this was my first attempt at three month old pictures!  Norah was not thrilled with the whole experience.  She started off happy, but before we were able to get all of the shots we wanted, she was done!  I've told Annette that I would be happy to come back to try again.  We're hoping that we can do some six month pictures outside this spring.


No comments: