Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sleep

On Sunday, I woke up with a sore throat and not feeling great, but after I took some Motrin and got moving, I started feeling better.  However, by mid-afternoon, I started feeling worse again.  I had a low-grade fever and a sore throat.  I felt the same way on Monday morning, but again, as I got going and the Motrin kicked in, I was doing okay.  Not great, but okay.  The kids did spend a lot of time in front of the TV yesterday!  But, I decided to go to the doctor late yesterday afternoon and it is a good thing I did.  I ended up testing positive for strep throat.  I am 33 years old and have NEVER had strep throat, so I didn't think I would have it. I just figured I was going to end up with a cold or the flu or something.  Nope, strep throat.  The good thing about strep is that you feel much better after getting on antibiotics, so I am now feeling much better!  However, the bad thing is that strep is very contagious!  Last night, Connor woke up to go to the bathroom and he said he had a sore throat.  I checked his forehead and he was definitely warm.  So, after some Motrin, I put him back to bed, but I knew he'd need to go to the doctor this morning.  Jeremy stayed home so that he could take him so that I wouldn't have to do it.  I decided to send Kyle, too, just to be checked.  And, I'm so glad I did.  Turns out he has it, too!  And, the bumps on his face that I thought were infection caused by an infected busted lip were in fact a rash from strep throat.  So, now all three of us are on antibiotics and we have watched more TV in the past two days than we have in the past two weeks combined!

And, today, Kyle fell asleep while watching The Incredibles.  He never falls asleep watching something, but he was worn out.  Actually, he is still sleeping next to me right now!



Look at those sweet eye lashes!
 

And, those sweet fingers!!
 

We should all three be better tomorrow.  Now, I'm just waiting on Jeremy to come down with it.  At least we know that at the first sign of a sore throat, he should go to the doctor!

No comments: