Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Little Cows

We celebrated Chick-fil-a's Cow Appreciation Day yesterday for the third year in a row.  Actually, we celebrated it twice!  Don't judge!

If you dress up like a cow, you get an entire meal for free, so Mackenzie, Connor, Kyle, and I all ate for free!  (If you wear a cow accessory like ears or a sign, you get an entree for free).  Three years ago I cut out felt spots that I put on a current size white t-shirt each year with double sided tape.  I also colored black spots onto white (Wal-Mart) hats and printed Eat Mor Chikn signs from the Chick-fil-a website.  We re-use our supplies every year making Cow Appreciation Day really easy, but so much fun!  The boys really do love to dress up and they love to see me do it, too!

After VBS in LaGrange, we headed to CFA with my parents, Ree, and Mackenzie.


 
After lunch, the boys, Mackenzie, and I headed back to Augusta.  Christie, Dave, and Mackenzie recently moved to South Carolina, so Augusta was a perfect half-way spot so that Kenzie could ride with us!  We hope to see her more often now!  On our way home, we stopped at a truck stop in Newnan to meet up with Stan.  He was headed to LG for the weekend, but couldn't get there before we left.  The kids had a great time climbing in his big truck!


We arrived home late Friday afternoon and I knew that I did not have any groceries and even less desire to cook, so we planned to dress up again!  Jeremy got home and then we headed to CFA again.  We had such a great time at our CFA.  We saw several friends, including Austin and Anna Liz.   The kids were so excited to play with each other after a week apart!  And, we enjoyed a long dinner chatting with friends.


Chick-fil-a does a lot of business on Cow Appreciation Day and they probably make less money that day than any other day of the year, but they earn my business for many, many days throughout the rest of the year.  They are committed to families and Cow Appreciation Day shows that commitment.  It encourages families to do something silly and fun together that they would not normally do.  No other restaurant does that in such a creative way that doesn't earn them additional money on that day.  Chick-fil-a earns my business for many reasons, but their desire to serve and provide families with family days is one of the many reasons.

Eat More Chicken!

No comments: