Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We Have a First Grader!

I have dreaded this day for the past two and a half months.  Actually, I have dreaded this day for the past six and half years.

Today, I sent Connor off to school.  To big school.  To all day school.

Excuse me a moment while I go cry and scream and whine some more!

Goodness!  How is it possible that my sweet baby boy is in first grade?!

 On Monday night, we went to Open House at his school and met his teacher.  Her name is Mrs. Harper!  With a cousin named Harper and a best friend with the last name Harper, he will definitely not have any trouble remembering his teacher's name!


This morning, he woke up ready to go.  He was definitely a little excited!
 




I walked him in today.


And, I really hated to leave him in that big kid desk for a whole day!
 

But, I did it.  And, he did great!  He said that his day was great!  He loved it, actually.  I wanted to know every detail, but typical boy, he did not want to give me all of the details.  "It was great" was supposed to be enough for me!  I am glad he enjoyed it and I hope that he has a great year.  There is a part of me that hopes that this school year flies by so that I can have him with me every day during the summer.  But, there is another part of me that hopes that it goes very slow so that he doesn't grow up anymore than he already has!  

How is he in the first grade already!  Shouldn't he just be starting K3!?  How is it possible that Kyle is the one starting K3 tomorrow?! 


No comments: