Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Newest Four Year Old!

"The days are long, but the years are short." 
-Gretchen Rubin

Kyle,
Won't you stay three for one more year?  Please?!



You are such a sweet boy!  You are funny and opinionated and full of personality!



You are mischievous. You are silly and you love to make others laugh!




You do things your way...in your own timing.  You are independent, but you love to be babied sometimes, too.  You love your role as the baby of the family.  Your world is going to be rocked next year when you become the middle child!  But, you are, also, so excited about becoming a big brother.  I have seen you play "adoption" several times lately!  





I am so thankful to be your mommy.  Even on the hard days, the trying days, the "I-want-to-pull-my-hair-out" kind of days, I am so thankful for you!




The threes have been hard!  But, I love this age, too!  I love watching you learn so much.  I love watching you imagine.  I love watching you explore.  You have such a creative imagination.

 
  

You are a helper, too.  You love to help me.  You love to be my little partner.



You have always been a mama's boy.  And, I love it!  Some days, and sometimes for many days, you will prefer daddy over mommy, but most of the time, you are definitely a mama's boy!











You still let me rock you for one song every night before bed.  You love to be picked up and carried.  You love to be held.  Since you are a small little guy and since you are the youngest, I have carried you and held you much longer than I held Connor.  And, I am so thankful for each time I get to rock you, hold you, and carry you.  One day, probably sooner than later, will be the last time I carry you or rock you and I dread that day.



You love your brother fiercely.  You love when he comes home from school and you love to play with him!  You miss him while he is at school and look forward to picking him up every day.  You want him to finish his homework as quickly as possible so that you can have his attention!


I don't want you to turn four.  I don't want you to grow up.  I want you to stay little forever.  But, since you cannot, I will wish you a very happy birthday!  I love you so much!  And, I am so thankful to be your mommy!  You will always be my baby boy.

Happy Birthday, Kyle!

No comments: