Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thanksgiving Day 11

I am thankful to have had our 3rd home study visit today!  We are one small step closer to completing our home study, which means we are one small step closer to bringing home our son or daughter!!

I am also so thankful to live in a country with an amazing military.  I am so thankful for the men and women who serve and who have served in the past in our military.  They are the heroes.  We have many friends and family who serve in the military now or who have served in the past. I  am so thankful for their service to our country and to us!  

I am also very thankful for wonderful Christian grandparents that Jeremy and I both had.  Their legacy is us and I hope that we are making them proud.  Today is Grandmother Mom's birthday.  I always think of her today.  Although all of Jeremy grandparents welcomed me into his family with open arms the very first time I met them, Grandmother Mom was the first one I met and I just loved her from the beginning.  With thinking about her on this day, I think about all of our grandparents...my grandfathers that I never knew, Jeremy's grandfather that I never knew, my Mimi, my Mama Lena, Jeremy's Grandmother (aka Gigi), and Jeremy's Granddaddy (aka Great-Granddaddy).  I am so thankful that they built families that would follow Christ and that would teach their children to follow Christ.  We pray that we will continue that legacy by teaching our children to follow Christ.  I am so thankful to have memories of them to serve as reminders of God's goodness and faithfulness.

2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

No comments: