Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thanksgiving Day 2

Today is Orphan Sunday!  I wrote a long blog post about Orphan Sunday and how each of us can care for the orphan yesterday.  I hope you read it and that you will take some time to think about ways that you can care for the orphan.

So, on this day, Day 2 of my 30 Days of Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for a church that celebrated Orphan Sunday today through a wonderful message from our pastor, a church that will continue to support orphans this week with two special events Wednesday and Thursday, and more importantly, a church that makes caring for orphans a priority all year round, not just on Orphan Sunday.  I am so thankful to attend a church that has encouraged our desire to adopt.  I am so thankful for a church that preaches the Bible, God's word, on a daily basis by the way that the church serves others.  I am so thankful for a church that strives to be like Jesus in everything.  Our God is a Father to the fatherless and a defender of widows.  Shouldn't we be, too!?

Psalm 68:5
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
    is God in his holy dwelling.

If you haven't read my Orphan Sunday post, keep scrolling!

No comments: