Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thanksgiving Day 4

I am thankful today that our boys go to wonderful schools and have amazing teachers!  I have to admit that sending my kids to school is very difficult for me!  I struggle with the time they spend away, especially Connor.  He is in school from 8:40-3:40, so adding a little bit of time at both ends of the day for pick up and drop off, he is gone for 7 1/2 hours a day!  I really hate that.  But, I am thankful that Connor really loves school and that he loves his teacher so much!  His teacher, Mrs. Harper, is wonderful.  She is the best first grade teacher we could have asked for this year, his first year in "big school".  I am so thankful that Connor was assigned to Mrs. Harper's class.  I am so thankful that he has made friends in her class that he really loves.  And, I am so thankful that he enjoys going to school every single day!  If I have to let him go for 7 1/2 hours a day, I am thankful that he spends it with a great teacher at a great school!


I am thankful for Kyle's teacher, Mrs. Head, too!  She was Connor's teacher for K3 and now, Kyle has her for K3.  She is just amazing!  And, just the perfect first year of school teacher ever!  She is so sweet and loving with the kids.  And, she makes her class so much fun!  Kyle went one day a week last year to Mother's Day Out.  And, he cried or fussed about going in for 2/3 of the year.  He started the year off crying every single Wednesday and continued to do it until we returned to school after Christmas.  For the first few months after Christmas, he went into class fine and then he started struggling the last month or two again. He did fine while he was there, but he never really wanted to go.  This year, he absolutely loves going.  He actually wants to go every day!  And, is upset that he doesn't get to go more often!  I am so thankful that he loves his school and his wonderful teacher!


Philippians 1:3
"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God"

No comments: