Friday, May 29, 2015

Are Connor and Kyle going to China?

There is one question that we are asked all the time.

Are the boys going with you to China?

Well, right now, the answer is still the same as it was when we started this process.

We don't know.

We have always hoped to be able to take them, but we knew that it would depend on the costs and where we stood financially at that point.  When we started this adoption, we thought that we would travel in the fall or winter of 2015/2016.  However, we will be traveling in the summer of 2015 which is way faster than we expected!  We are so excited to be going so soon.  However, we will travel with several months less time to save money and travel during the summer is much more expensive than any other time of the year.  The flights are much more expensive.

God knew before we ever started this adoption exactly when we would travel, so this is not a surprise to him at all.  We have continued to pray and ask God to provide exactly how much we need to be able to travel to China and complete this adoption.  Jeremy and I can travel alone.  However, we have prayed throughout the adoption to be able to take our boys with us to China.  We believe that the bonding time in China just the five of us will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Yes, it will be harder to travel there as a family of four and home as a family of five.  No doubt about that.  But, we believe that allowing the boys to see and experience Paxton's culture will be so important for them.  We also believe that having the boys with us will give us a chance to bond as a family of five in a way that we can't once we are home with Jeremy going to work and Connor and Kyle going to school.  It will give Paxton a chance to see that these other two little kids trust us and that he can trust us, too.  There are so many reasons that we want them to go with us.  However, it is honestly up to God.  

Flights in July (when we hope to go) are very expensive.  And, we cannot book our flights until only a couple of weeks before we travel (once we have Travel Approval and a confirmed Consulate Appointment), so last minute flights are typically more expensive anyway.

We are praying that we will find cheap flights.  We are praying that we will be able to take them.  However, we are also praying that God will give us peace if it is not possible for them to travel with us.  We are praying that God will make it clear to us that His will is for them to stay home, so that we do not hesitate obeying him.  Or, that God will provide for us to take them with us. 

We know that God has provided for us every step of the way and that He will provide for us this time, too.  He will either provide a way for us to take them or He will give us a peace that is beyond our own understanding if we make the decision not to take them. 

Please continue to pray that we will have all that we need to be able to go to China.  Please pray that every step of the process is smooth over the next few weeks.  And, please keep Paxton in your prayers.  Pray that his heart will be prepared for the loses he will experience (although adoption and family is best, he is going to lose all that he has ever known).  Pray that he will be prepared to attach to us and us to him.  Pray that he is healthy and being loved on while in China. 

1 comment:

Boppy said...

Hello!! I saw your comment on Amy's blogpost and thought it pretty cool how you have 2 bio boys the same ages as our girls😄 We live in San Diego and are excited to embark on this new journey through adoption. Our son, Maddox, just turned two and is such an incredible little boy. We probably won't travel till the end of the year, but know Gods timing is perfect, even when the days get longer and longer. My name is Simone (Boppy is the name my nieces call me by).