Sunday, July 26, 2015

Coming Home

On Thursday afternoon, July 23rd, we received Paxton's visa and immigration documents and we jumped into a van to head to Hong Kong.  We spent the night at the Sky City Marriott and took the shuttle to the airport the next morning.  We started our day at 7:00 a.m. to get ready for our flight and headed to the airport at 8:00.  Our flight was over 12 hours to Seattle.  Connor and Kyle did really well.  They are excellent travelers!  Paxton slept a little, but not a lot and not for long stretches.  But, he did well, too.  I was able to have a great conversation about adoption and our reasons for adopting with one of the flight attendants.  She thought Paxton was really cute and started asking me about adoption and our decision to adopt from China.  She is originally from China, but lives in Seattle now.  Her husband was also a flight attendant and she had him meet Paxton, too!
About an hour before landing, Kyle fell asleep.  He was hard to wake up to get off he plane, but he eventually did.  He struggled for a little while, at that point, he was exhausted (we all were)!  We got through customs in Seattle very quickly.  We asked an officer where to go for adoptions and he said to get in the long line.  Then, we asked his supervisors and they told us exactly what to do and then they ushered us through a faster way.  We were through customs, picked up our bags, re-checked our bags, and back through security in less than 30 minutes. 
When we landed in Seattle, Paxton officially became a U.S. citizen! 
The newest little citizen!
We ate lunch and boarded our plane to Atlanta.  At this point, the boys were all really tired since it was the middle of the night China time (the time we woke up on).  And, thankfully, they all three slept for most of the flight!  Paxton woke up about thirty minutes before landing and we woke the big boys up as we descended.  We were all looking forward to seeing Sunshine and Granddaddy and Mimi and Bobbles at the airport in Atlanta!
We were so pleasantly surprised to see even more family!
Kevin, Lee, Harper, Evie, Millie, Abby, Steve, and his girlfriend were all there, too!  It was great to see everyone!  And, we loved introducing Paxton to all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins!

We were also welcomed by our social worker, Bekah, and Tamara, who is the supervisor who approved our final home study and who taught us during our Crossings Training in January.  It was so great to see them!  Lifeline has been such an amazing agency to work with during our adoption!  I would recommend Lifeline to anyone who is considering adoption.  They are so wonderful!  And, I love that they came to the airport to welcome us!

When we left the airport, we had a two hour drive back to Augusta with Paxton, who has NEVER used a car seat!  He was not happy!  He cried a good bit of the ride home and nothing made him happy.  He did sleep some, but when he woke up, he cried more.  It was so sad to hear!  Once we finally got home (close to midnight), he was so excited to get out of the car seat!  And, he LOVED all of his new toys!
We played and snacked for a little while before going to bed.  Our long day (over 28 hours of travel) ended beautifully with three sleeping boys in our home!
We LOVE our family of FIVE!!!

No comments: