Monday, August 15, 2016

No Pictures Lately!

I just thought I'd give an update since I haven't posted lately.  Life is great around here.  The boys started school last week and we have just been getting used to a busy life again.  I did not take many pictures of the boys last week, but I do have a few that I will edit and post soon (well...hopefully sooner than later).  However, I am mostly busy editing photos that I took last week for the South Caroline Heart Gallery.  I had the opportunity to go to Aiken, SC and take photos of four foster children in South Carolina through the South Caroline Heart Gallery, an organization that advocates for foster children in South Carolina (there are other Heart Galleries in other states that do the same thing for their state).  Once a child has been deemed to be available for adoption (parental rights have been severed, child wants to be adopted, etc.), the South Carolina Heart Gallery has the opportunity to advocate for them.  They have volunteer photographers (many are professionals who volunteer for this organization and others are hobbyist like me) take photos of the children that can be used for their website, print, and other means to advocate for them.  By having nice photos of these children, along with a video that they produce, the Heart Gallery is able to show off the children's personalities better for potential families to see.  I was able to go to Aiken and take photos of these children last Thursday (thanks to my parents who came to help with my children) and I am busy editing all of the photos that I will send to the SC Heart Gallery.  The kids will also each receive a photo album of their photos for their own keeping.  This was such an amazing experience for me and I am so thankful to have had this opportunity to be a part of orphan advocacy!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I ADORE Heart Gallery! So glad you found them!