Thursday, November 17, 2016

We Could Have Missed This (Post #17)

During the adoption process we saw Paxton's photos and loved him the same way parents love their child when they see ultrasound photos or feel their baby kick.  We knew he was ours and we loved him so much before meeting him.  And, when Paxton was placed in our arms for the first time, it was just like when you birth a baby and the baby is placed in your arms for the first time.  I felt the exact same way in that moment of being handed my one year old son as I did when I was handed the sons I carried for 9 months.  Don't ever believe the lie that you cannot love a child that you did not birth the same way you would love biological children!  I am so thankful to get to love this sweet boy!  Loving him and being loved by him is a privilege!  I am the lucky one!


We could have missed this!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So, so, so yes! And I adore this pic.