Monday, June 19, 2017

Atlanta Weekend - Day 1

Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday Paxton, Happy Father's Day Daddy, Happy Summer Everyone!

We headed to Atlanta on Friday morning for a Christmas/Birthday/Father's Day/Summer trip!  My parents gave us Atlanta City Passes for Christmas and we used them this weekend.  We were able to go to five different Atlanta attractions!  We went to Zoo Atlanta, The Georgia Aquarium, the College Football Hall of Fame, a tour of the CNN studios, and The World of Coke.  We stayed at a hotel right by the Aquarium and we could walk to everything except for the zoo, so we started our trip on Friday with the zoo.  We drove to Atlanta and arrived at the zoo before lunch.  We had such a great time at the zoo.  We have a great zoo in Columbia that is about an hour away and we had never been to the zoo in Atlanta as a family.  In fact, I was Connor's age the last time I went to Zoo Atlanta and it was for a Girl Scout trip where we were able to spend the night at the zoo!  This zoo was similar in size as the Columbia Zoo, but it did have pandas and we were excited to see them.  There were two baby pandas that were less than a year old!  There were also a bunch of gorillas, including a tiny baby gorilla and some kid size gorillas that were fun to watch!
















Connor and Kyle and I were able to do the rock wall and Connor did the ropes coarse and loved it!  I don't have pictures of either right now, but there are some on mine or Jeremy's phone that I will have to upload.  We had such a great time at the zoo!

After the zoo, we headed the rest of the way into Atlanta and checked into our hotel.  After settling in, we headed to The Varsity to meet my parents for dinner to celebrate Paxton's birthday that was the next day.  My wonderful mom made cupcakes for him!  If I had made them, they would have had to sit in the hot car at the zoo all day, so my mom made them and brought them up!  I am so thankful for her and all she does for us!  In fact, my mom and my aunt  came last week and packed up my kitchen and dining room for our move!  Yes, I have the best mom and aunt around!!

So, we celebrated Paxton's birthday with my parents and Paxton was a big fan of the cupcakes!











Our first day of our Atlanta adventure was so much fun!

No comments: